Performing these 8 simple inspections each quarter may prevent small problems from becoming big repairs:
- Is there bulge in your flooring? That bump may be signaling a larger issue with your slab.
- Flush the toilets in each of your restrooms. Watch for leaks and listen for excessive running.
- Walk the floor of your building and look up. Are there spots or blotches on the ceiling tile? This is often a sign of a leak.
- Compare your monthly utility reports. Power and water spikes can be a symptom of trouble.
- Take a walk around your parking lot. Are there any tripping hazards?
- While in the parking lot, make sure disabled parking signs are in place and undamaged. Check the curb paint and space markings, too.
- Walk around your building and look for graffiti. Don’t be a billboard for gangs and budding street artists.
- Keep an eye out for fog in your cooler doors. This could be a result of condensation in your unit and time for a closer look..
Alert your building service team. Catching early signs of problems can have an enormous effect on your bottom line.